At KeeeX, we are leveraging a patented innovation allowing to augment virtually any file with integrity/authenticity/linking cleartext searchable metadata that opens new perspectives for Open Access (and more generally Open Data).
- file integrity and authorship are builtin.
- references to other papers and documents, semantic classification and context are builtin.
- wherever a file is found, it can be verified as genuine using our simple client or a web site.
This means that:
- Open Research can be published *anywhere*: including a publicly available cloud folder.
- Open Access documents can be retrieved using general purpose search engines.
- any document that refers to another document, if keeexed, will allow to embed the exact identifier to its references, that can themselves be searched then verified locally as genuine.
Of course we provide a paid solution for businesses, but also we develop an academic program, and in any case producing some amount of publishable documents will be possible using the free version.
I’d be extremely happy to help anyone reading this to test KeeeX, for instance in the purpose of studying its potential in Open Access.
If you’re an academic and are willing to use KeeeX in your institute, please feel free to contact us.
This post was created as a comment to a discussion about the future of Open Access publishing.